Monday, September 10, 2007
at
6:59 AM
|
“Johnny Bravo tells the story of a biceps-bulging, karate-chopping free spirit, who believes his a gift from God to the women of the earth. Unfortunately for Johnny, everyone else sees him as a narcissistic Mama's boy with big muscles and even bigger hair. In short, he is the quintessential guy who "just doesn't get it."
Ahh, how many saw the major train wreck this weekend. It was terrible. Bodies everywhere, the unintended loss of life, blood everywhere, loss of jobs, the anger, and the pain. Tragedy. Pure tragic! Mm. How terrible. I thought the SABC said that they would never show such gruesome tragedy on TV, after eTV showed the beheading of that guy, live on television a few years ago. So, can you imagine my shock and horror when SABC showed us all 90 minutes of it on Sunday afternoon? They even played replays and slow motions. What kind of sick bastards are these? Have they no souls, no hearts? So early in the day when our kids could see all of this. Fire these people please. Take them away.
The rugby boys reminded the rest of the world what potential and greatness lies in South Africa. (Go Habanna! You go boy!) But of course Bafana Bafana had to remind us of all the pain and suffering that goes on in our country. A balanced view I suppose. The “boys boys” under estimated their opponents, 62 ranked Zambia before the game began. And why not? We are a football loving nation that believes a 1-0 loss to Scotland signaled great things to come. Come on, really. I wish I could send uBaba Lekota into the changing rooms to repeat the speech when he dissed uBaba Zuma last week on tv. I especially like the part when he asks, “Ububanxa bani obu?” I would have replayed that a few times. I have never seen professionals play football like my 8 year old nephew at school. Casually passing the ball back to the goalie or your teammate, even though you are the last man in line of defense. To say that those were mistakes is being very lenient. The guys are professionals and I saw 3 schoolboy errors. I then saw, the goalie, the midfielders and defense showing angry faces at each other. They were all at sea in defense and playing as if they were leading 6-0.
I’m very disappointed at the attitude shown by the national team, boys boys. These guys don’t care how it all makes us feel. This is no wonder we don’t support them when they want more money or complain that SAFA don’t care. Damn, I would care for them neither. The attitude towards playing for their country sucks. Its just sucks!!
Okay, enough of that. You know me; I always try to find a positive in everything. It was great to see uBennie waba ntwana back in action for the boys boys. Looks like the score line wasn’t making him nervous. A great goal. Typical of the striker. Look, I hate the fact that we/SAFA/Pereira had to lick his ass to come back, but he’s here, he scored, and we appreciate that. Welcome back, Bennie.
Ahh, how many saw the major train wreck this weekend. It was terrible. Bodies everywhere, the unintended loss of life, blood everywhere, loss of jobs, the anger, and the pain. Tragedy. Pure tragic! Mm. How terrible. I thought the SABC said that they would never show such gruesome tragedy on TV, after eTV showed the beheading of that guy, live on television a few years ago. So, can you imagine my shock and horror when SABC showed us all 90 minutes of it on Sunday afternoon? They even played replays and slow motions. What kind of sick bastards are these? Have they no souls, no hearts? So early in the day when our kids could see all of this. Fire these people please. Take them away.
The rugby boys reminded the rest of the world what potential and greatness lies in South Africa. (Go Habanna! You go boy!) But of course Bafana Bafana had to remind us of all the pain and suffering that goes on in our country. A balanced view I suppose. The “boys boys” under estimated their opponents, 62 ranked Zambia before the game began. And why not? We are a football loving nation that believes a 1-0 loss to Scotland signaled great things to come. Come on, really. I wish I could send uBaba Lekota into the changing rooms to repeat the speech when he dissed uBaba Zuma last week on tv. I especially like the part when he asks, “Ububanxa bani obu?” I would have replayed that a few times. I have never seen professionals play football like my 8 year old nephew at school. Casually passing the ball back to the goalie or your teammate, even though you are the last man in line of defense. To say that those were mistakes is being very lenient. The guys are professionals and I saw 3 schoolboy errors. I then saw, the goalie, the midfielders and defense showing angry faces at each other. They were all at sea in defense and playing as if they were leading 6-0.
I’m very disappointed at the attitude shown by the national team, boys boys. These guys don’t care how it all makes us feel. This is no wonder we don’t support them when they want more money or complain that SAFA don’t care. Damn, I would care for them neither. The attitude towards playing for their country sucks. Its just sucks!!
Okay, enough of that. You know me; I always try to find a positive in everything. It was great to see uBennie waba ntwana back in action for the boys boys. Looks like the score line wasn’t making him nervous. A great goal. Typical of the striker. Look, I hate the fact that we/SAFA/Pereira had to lick his ass to come back, but he’s here, he scored, and we appreciate that. Welcome back, Bennie.
Posted by
Anonymous
Labels:
train wreck boys
1 comments:
NEWS - Is news still classified under its own unique sector of the "media machine" where ethics and "the pursuit of truth" prevail or has it been drawn towards the realm of Propaganda & sensationalism? Can we still trust the content or does it need to be ratified (ongoing SABC vs. eTV-News)? Are we doing the country a bad service by leaving locals with the like of Sky/Aljezeera to get objective views?
SPORT - My questions continue. Why is it that Rugby (and trying to stay politically correct) has a lower acceptance (in SA) than Soccer but "an apparently" substantially superior Media presence and professionalism? Is there an untold assumption that the "masses" that watch soccer deserve any lesser Media glitz and 5-star treatment? Are the prevailing assumptions relevant especially if one considers the upcoming 2010 - "the world is watching"?
All I know is we are indeed on a journey as a country (albeit 12+yrs on) but we should take care not discourage positive steps but also not to accept substandard delivery in all sphere i.e. soccer team, coaches, other sport disciplines, police, government, etc but most importantly ourselves.
L-Money
Post a Comment